Did Noah actually warn anyone about the flood?

If you ask anyone who knows the story of the flood, “Did Noah warm the people?” they would answer something like – “Yes, he warned them a flood was coming and told them to repent but the people didn’t believe him and even laughed at him” or something along those lines. The thing is, I just read the flood account and did a little bible searching, and I am struggling to find something conclusive which indicates that Noah said anything to anyone about the impending judgement to come. 2 Peter 2:5 Tells us he was a “Preacher of Righteousness”, at best we could say Noah told people to be righteous before God but it still begs the question, Did he warn them about the flood? Hebrews 11:7 Indicates that it was more his Obedience and righteous life which condemned those around him by comparison. Both 1 Peter 3:20 and Genesis 6:3 indicate that God waited a period of time before judgement, but not that they were warned of the judgement.

I am not trying to point out a blemish in his character, but it’s more a blemish in my own. So often we are told or taught things about scripture where we fill in some gaps or make assumptions we shouldn’t and we end up repeating them as truth. I realized how little I know scripture today (well I already knew I knew nothing) and how much movies and story telling has influenced my knowledge of God’s word rather than my own study and heavy lifting.

I could be wrong! I need your help, if you can show me from scripture my error I would be MORE than happy. Especially because alot of commentators would also say Noah preached during this time. Am I missing something?

- Trent

About these ads

~ by truthwar on November 28, 2007.

114 Responses to “Did Noah actually warn anyone about the flood?”

  1. I was under the impression he preached for like 100 years, had a lot of respect for the guy because of that. Guess your right we cant trust everything we hear. But wouldn’t it be even harder if you couldn’t tell anyone why you were building a massive boat in your backyard. Either way God really used Noah!

    • For years I found out that through studying the scriptures that God didn’t tell Noah to warn anyone all God said was that he was gonna destroy man from the face of the earth and that noah found favor in his sight and that he was gonna spare him his wife and his children and there wives and the number of animals clean and unclean and the fowls of the air and that was it and to assume anything else just isn’t so. I think when they made the movie the ten commandments when I was a young girl they had it where Noah warned the people and they laughed at him but thats what happen when you rely on movie makers instead of reading for yourself. Some even say use common sense aint no way a man can build a boat of that magnitude and no one notice but in those days people had hundred of acres of land unlike our 2 and 3 acres we have today.

      • You are right.The 10 commandments was the same way glorifying Moses when God should have been the one who was glorified. Moses talked with God on mount Sinai when God did not have is glory shining. That would have made a great scene, but people who thought they knew what they were doing made a mess of it only showing a fire whirlwind cutting words in stone with Moses cowering not daring to look at what was being done. Moses saw god’s back between two boulders when he said show me your glory.

      • With the scriptures, we are every learning. Funny, because I read the scripture so many times, but have never noticed that he did not warn anyone. Isnt it strange how people can put out information that sounds like the gospel truth, but it really does not exist, yet, you can read it one hundred time and believe the things you didnt even read. Oh my Lord. I just read it again and its not there. Shalom

  2. I know this is an old post, but I was having this very discussion as I prepared to teach the story of Noah this week.

    I absolutely agree with you that we must be careful about what we have assumed to be in the text that is not actually in the text. For some reason, the story of Noah seems to be really vulnerable to these assumptions.

    Tim

  3. Where in the Bible shows Noah warned the people about the flood was coming?

  4. There is no text that says that Noah ‘verbally’ preached to the antediluvians. However, god gave us a brain and expects us to use it. Noah was building a huge boat, on dry land, in a time when it had ‘never’ rained before. When the people laughed, ridiculed, questioned or mocked Noah – ‘that’ would have been an opportunity to explain the what and why of what he was doing. This can be seen by some as an indirect method of preaching ;)

  5. Also, on the other side of the coin, some would agree that even if Noah did keep silent on this matter, the example set by his ‘righteous lifestyle’ is method of preaching (Cf. 2 Pet. 2:5, 2 Cor. 2:2-3).

  6. Why do we assume Noah was a preacher of righteousness “after” God warned him about the coming flood? Noah was righteous before God said he was going to destroy the earth. People would have seen the difference in his life even before the warning. Is that when he preached? God told Noah I am going to put an end to “all” people. God made a covenant with Noah that he and his family would enter the ark.

  7. Just a thought: Matthew 24:36-39 says, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. Bust as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (NKJV).

    I think this verse shines some light onto your question: it clearly states that the people around Noah did not know about the flood.
    I mean – there is the possibility that Noah had warned them, but in their ignorance/disobedience/disbelief, they “did not know.”

    • Actualy that isn’t what the verse is telling us. It is showing the Lord’s return will be at a time where everything is going about it’s normal business, eating, drinking, marrying and giving in marriage – it’s all normal stuff. It was showing their willful unpreparedness. I do not see Noah would have not told people the reasons for building the boat.

      • Jeff, the problem is that it doesn’t say that they didn’t believe or that they were willfully ignorant. The text states that they didn’t know. This along with the absence of any warning found in the Genesis account is strong evidence in support of no warning.

      • Jeff, Noah would not tell anyone because they would not believe. Today we need to be on board before we died, but it is not known. So the boat today will not be entered. See Matt 25: 10, 11. More proof see Hebrews 3: 19 and 4: 1, 2, 3. See Hebrews 4: 4 thru 11. Most Bible educated people believe they know what this is saying, but they are wrong. This is the Noahs ark, Jesus mentioned in Matt 25: 10, 11. I will be like Noah, I will not teach what this is in scripture, because I do not want scripture to be mocked, just like Noah did not want to be made fun of. God hid this in the Meat and we are babes in Christ and are carnal minded, see 1Cor 3: 1, 2, 3. 1Peter 2: 1, 2.

  8. Noah just built the Ark and nothing else! He had to learn about all the crafts and skills required so that was why he lived so long.He may have built the Ark in secret-His lifestyle would have been enough to impress-for everybody else was wicked-as they are today! Remember the world is no friend of a true follower of Christ and if the last days will be as the days of Noah there will be a flood of SIN and many shall drown

  9. This is an amazing site…..i was just sitting here with another “believer” and they just refused to believe the word of God. The word never said that Noah preach/warned/told the people, why would he? When God told him that only him and his household would be saved……he would have been wasting time. And, i read in the word that Noah was 500 years old when he had his 3 boys, and he was exactly 600 when the doors of the ark where closed. How then do we get 120 of preaching time??? I’m sure that represents mans years of life on this earth after the flood. be blessed all and remember to be a blessing

  10. In 2 peter 2 v 5, we are told that Noah was a “preacher of Righteousness” the greek word is κῆρυξ. It means to HERALD. Dictionary explains herald as “announce or proclaim”. So, even though the bible doesn’t write “he preached” in genesis, the book of 2 Peter explains it. We are to Herald the 2nd coming of Christ as Noah did. With Patience & obedience.

  11. I know this post is pretty old, but I ran across this same thing as I was preparing to teach my youth group about Noah and his actions. I read another preacher’s sermon where he not only claimed that Noah verbally warned the people and that they ridiculed him, but even assumed the types of things that he would have said. He also mistakenly claimed that Noah’s whole family had to work on the ark for 100 years. In truth, Noah’s first son wasn’t born until his 500th year, and we dont know how long it took for the others. We do know they were old enough to marry by the time the flood came, but they most certainly weren’t helping build the ark for the first few years of their lives. I guess this is what happens when our preachers don’t actually preach from the text.

  12. Michael, thanks for your imput. Please help me out, pointing where is the text that says Noah was 500 years old when he had his first son (KJV says he was 500 and had 3 sons).
    Thanks,
    Louie

    • I believe that Noah and his wife had triplets when he was 500 years old. That is something to think about.

  13. Accroding to our preachings from all the 4 holy books … As far as I know … Hazrat Noah (P.B.U.H) himself did not know about the actual time, date and the kind of punishment that was to be inflicted upon them … He was just ask to buil an ark and without any questions towards God he built it … Thts was the first test of his faith which he passed … the second was to survive the taunts of his fellow villagers which he again passed … the whole purpose of the building of the ark and the flood was not to warn people and scare them into the religion but was to turn them into true believers … Noah although being the prophet as per our belive musat have had a pre convciebed notion of what might happen in future but did not have an actual account of what and when … Thus he was never told or allowed to let the people enter the Ark (Thus, enter the religion) out of fear but of belief … Thats why it was said that the non believers were left behind and the ones in the boat were the only believers despite the fact that if they were family or no … As his own Son … Or shall we say his wife’s son was left behind as he too was a dis believer … Becasue God wanted us to learn that the root of religion is not fear but belief … So to expalin this there were no warnings because if they knew what is about to be inflicted upon them they would have change their ways just to save their lifes … which would have been wrong … As the religions whose roots are infected with Fear or Greed do not prevail and are not true … !!!

    Luv Tab!!!

    • i know you comment was made over a year and a half ago but wanted to comment. Do not forget Jonah. God sent him to Niniveh to preach their destruction. They repented and God with drew his wrath. God never stop trying to reach us. I am not going to say one way o the other whether orot Noah preached to people about the flood. I will if he was a preacher I do not feel that he would hae stopped preaching during his long years of building an Ark. That is who he was a Preacher. Preached God’s message.

  14. WOW! and I was one of those people who I thought I read that Noah preached a 120 years while building the ark, all that I have read here, makes a whole lot of sence, and I never really did read or find anything in the bible that said he did, thanks everyone for your input of the real truth.

  15. In Genesis 6:3 mans “days shall be 120 yrs” So we can assume at that time Noah was 480 yrs old. And than at 500 is when he had his 3 sons. So the ark was build in 100 – 120 yr period God was already instructing noah before he had his sons.

    Common sense would tell u he did preach…he was a preacher. Not biblical as I can find but…preachers never stop preaching. I am sure if one or more repented maybe God would have altered his plans. But the whole earth was evil as it states in Genesis.

  16. It does not say Noah warn the people of the flood if they didn’t obey god what you think they would listen to Noah

  17. Everybody is given the choice to either believe or not to, or to make the right choices. With common sense we can assume that Noah did warn the people, but that’s just us. If Noah did warn the people, he was giving them the choice to believe or not, they obviously chose not to believe.

  18. Logically speaking. Some guy is building a huge ark which holds all living things in pairs. I think ppl would have asked him why he was doing so and got the answer that God directed him to do so. So I think the message was conveyed to everyone around. Thats my little interpretation. I believe I can be wrong here :-)

  19. Noah is referred to as “a preacher of righteousness”, but that does NOT mean that he preached while building the ark. Noah’s actions were his testimony. Let him who has ears…

  20. Also, I would say that, dime to a dollar, the word “preacher” as we find being used to describe Noah in our modern translations and connotes verbal proclamation, isn’t necessarily the most accurate translation.

  21. I believe that the righteous already knew that judgement was coming. Enoch was a prophet of God and named his son Methuselah, which interpreted, means ‘he dies, there is a dart,’ “when he dies is the emission”,’ (namely, of the deluge), which came the year that Methuselah died.. Methuselah lived to be 969 years old and if you calculate the Genesis 5 genealogies, Methuselah died in the same year as the flood. I’m pretty sure that Methuselah died JUST PRIOR TO THE FLOOD.

    In any event, Enoch preached and prophecied of coming judgement (Jude 1:14-15) and he was Noah’s great-grandfather. The pre-flood people had some testimony that some kind of juegement was coming….and they ignored it and perished. (Which is precisely the Matthew 24 message).

  22. When God instucted Noah to build the ark and told him of the impending flood which would destroy the rest of mankind and every animal, bird, and creeping thing on the Earth with the exception of Noah, his wife, his sons and their wives, as well as 7 pair(male and female) of all clean animals, and birds of the air 7 pair, and of the unclean animals 2 pair.. Noah’s 3 sons must have already been born and taken wives. Given that his oldest son Japheth was born when Noah was 500 years old, He would have been 100 when the flood took place since Noah was then 600 years old. We know from Gen. 11:10,11 that Shem was 100 when his son was born 2 years after the flood. From that we can logically assume that he was the 2nd born son 2 years after Japheth. We know the Bible declares Ham to be Noah’s youngest son in Gen 9:24. If we approximate the same time frame between Ham and Shem’s birth as was between Japheth and Shem’s, then at the time of the flood, Noah was 600, Japheth 100, Shem 98, and Ham approx. 96 years old. All four men had wives when God told Noah to build the ark which would have put the youngest son Ham at least of age to have married already. That being the case we can estimate the time Noah took to build the ark was no more than 75 years(Ham being at least 20 & married when Noah was called to build the ark, and his approx. age of around 96 when flood came). As far as Noah preaching of the impending flood.. Why would he? God had already told him that all were going to perish except His family. 2Pet 2:5 tells us Noah preached righteousness and I believe this was the case for the 500+ years he lived up until God called him to build the ark. His life alone was a witness to others as the Bible tells us he found favor in God’s eyes, that he was a righteous man, blameless, and walked w/God. He was obedient in building the ark and following God’s instructions. If God told him all would perish and were corrupt I believe Noah excepted God’s judgement and went about fulfilling the task he was given.

    • Just wanted to give you some food for thought. Let’s not forget that God sent Jonah to Niniveh to warn those about their destruction. After they were warned and repented God with drew his Wrath. Preachersdont stop preaching. Not for 100 years or 1 year. My grandfather is a “RETIRED” preacher that still preaches all the time. It is who they are. I agree with your time line. I also came up with the 75 year time frame to build the ark.

      God Bless keep in his word,

  23. As in Matt 24: 37-39 our judgment will be like Noah. According to 2Peter 3: 4-7, we have to learn how to enter the new Noah ark for us that people cannot see. We cannot understand that Noah, did not preach for everybody to get on board. So the same today, if I say you need to get on board the New Noah Ark, you will not listen, because Jesus said his return will be like the time of Noah. Look at Romans 16: 25, 26, this mystery kept secret by the prophets and apostles. One prophet is Noah. Now look at 2Peter 3: 1, 2, we need to be mindful of words spoken by holy prophets, like Noah. But are we looking into this, No. Noah was raised off the earth to be saved from water, and now we need something to be raised off the earth when it is being consumed by fire. This mystery is still keep secret because we do not study scripture, so it can be revealed to us. If you want to study thats great, if you need help, I can give you clues.

  24. Lord Knows, the 2pet. reference is interesting, doesn’t directly say noah did or didn’t do….just he lived righteously. Lord Willing if Called to He Did, The LORD Is All Good, PLGB Lord Forgive Lord Willin’ be i wrong or offbase PLGB

    we know that we’ve seen moses/Law, the prophets, and The LORD/God Presence Himself In Christ. we’ve been ‘told’ we’ve got The WORD, praise The LORD. so if it’s ‘similar’ in that respect perhaps noah or The LORD Himself did, though it doesn’t say so, so Lord Forgive be i wrong or offbase. cannot/perhaps should not assume, but indeed read The WORD, so much He Says so Deep, more levels than surface, metaphorical and spiritual Messages even in the literal Lord Willin’ Healings (i.e. like jn.9)

    either way *we’ve* been told so much Good News and such warning that Freedom and Truth are in GOD, so let us concern ourselves indeed with His Word Way Truth And Life and sharing such. ^.^PLGB y’all n thanks be to God.

    • We do not know if Noah warned, what matters, we are ignoring the scripture on Christ return will be like Noah. We need to get on our Ark but no one knows this and no one believes the scripture. Matt 24: 36 – 39.

  25. You don’t get it, if they had repented and became righteous, God’s judgement would not have came on them, just like it is today he doesn’t will that any should perish but all should come to repentance, so he had it preached but they didn’t believe, soo yah. Welcome!!

    • No one else got on Noahs ark So today your not saved you did not believe the scripture and got on the ark today. That is right he does not want anyone to perish. So the scripture shows us how to get on the Ark today and you did not get on yet, you have to on this side of the grave. Read Matt 24: 36 – 39 Jesus is going to return like Noah which means the NT shows us the way on the Ark today and you did not get on board and I did because I repented and believe the Bible. The Bible is taught mostlywrong

  26. We could add to the flood story another assumption: Where does the Bible state that there was no rain until the flood?

    • We do not know if Noah said anything. But no one is getting on board the ark today look at Matt 24: 39 – 39. Christ will return like Noah. Gen 2 : 5, 6 it did not rain

      • Look carefully at Gen. 2:5,6. This is an account of the early stages of creation. Yes , it had not rained yet. There were also no shrubs on the earth, yet, no plant had spring up yet and there was no man to work the ground yet. All we know is that it had not rained up until this time. We are never told in the scriptures that it never rained. Later at the time of the flood, there is nothing in the text indicating that rain was unusual just the length of days of rain.

  27. Genesis 6:3
    New International Version (NIV)
    3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

    • You need to get on boad the Ark today but the Bible is taught mostly wrong. Read Matt 24: 36 – 39 Jesus wil show up like Noah so the NT shows us how to enter the new Ark today. 12 or 120 just means of God for man. 120 years just means that is the limit he gave us to live because we drive God crazy because we distort the Bible Do not worry about Noahs ark worry about the Ark you need to enter on this side of the grave, you do not believe this because it is not taught, its distorted. Start learning

  28. Before you think what you have been taught is wrong you need to think about the character of God he is a merciful God not willing that Any should perish but that all should come
    repentance he is always the same provixing a way for all to be saved

    • Yes God provided a way for all to be saved, in 2Peter 3: 9. It says not willing that any should perish, “–BUT–” that all should came to repentance. But is Gods way, repent from your wisdom and learn and do the scripture. 2 Peter 3: 10, But the day will come as a thief in the night, like Noah. You can know only by studying by repenting from your wisdom as in 1 Thess 5: 2 and 4. That day will come as a thief in the night. You are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. As in 1 Thess 5: 6-9, God told us that the day of the Lord, does not have to take us as a thief because we can know, only by not distorting scripture. For example by your statement the character of God he gave us a way, so we are good to go. Yes God did but you are saying you know your saved by ignoring his “–BUT–“. The answer is in the Spirit meat verses that is not understood by carnal (flesh) church people, Read 1Cor 3: 1, 2, 3, And I brethren could not speak spiritual to you for you are a babe in Christ. I have fed you with milk because you cannot understand. In 2 Tim 2: 15, Study to be approved of God not just read a verse and say I am saved, this is your wisdom, repent. Study rightly dividing the word of truth. You have to learn milk, all of 1Cor is milk, and learn meat and learn to divide them. Rightly dividing the word means to divide the milk from the meat verses. Everyone puts milk and meat together and this is how you get false doctrine. If you use milk verses to make a deep meat point you are unskillful in the word, Heb 5: 12-14. For when you ought to be a teacher one should teach you again the basic. For everyone that useth milk is unskillful in the word for he is a babe. Please look over these verses carefully, this is how to know you are saved by studying and rightly dividing, then God will be approved of you. If you just read a verse and say see God does not want any to perish, this means I am saved and God is approved of me. This is what I mean by the bible is being taught wrong, you make a deep statement with a milk verse and you do not understand what you did. You have falling into false teaching. Repent and study and speak scripture not with milk so that you are not unskillful. If you want an example of a spirit verse I will show you, but first see if you can point one out. A Spirit verse you will not understand, Apostle Paul said this, believe, it is in 1Cor 3: 1, 2, 3, if you asume you know, this is pride and you need to stay humble, I am humble because I do not use my wisdom, so you do not get to use your wisdom. Your wisdom will tell me that you understand. You did not know how to rightly divide the word until now. So use scripture and prove my letter wrong. Thanks for reading

  29. By reason, if we compare the 2nd coming of Christ and the destruction of the world by fire to the Great Flood… It is not because the truth is not preached that people will “not know” as it states in Matthew 24. Though the gospel is preached and will be preached up until the end, there are those who are willingly ignorant and refuse to receive the truth. For that reason, I believe Noah’s life and preaching warned those around him of the destruction that would come. To believe otherwise, in my opinion, would call into question the character of God. Someone mentioned Jonah and Ninevah already, I would add the story of Lot and his pleading for Sodom and Gomorrah. One of the themes in the story of Noah’s flood has to be God’s protection of the righteous in the midst of rampant evil. I have to believe God would have received anyone who repented up to the second he sealed the door on the ark. Another theme for us ought to be the importance of getting out the gospel while there is time.

    • You wrote, if we compare Christ return to Noah, you are just saying God pulls his people out of danger; for example Lot and Noah. Jesus mentioned his return would be like Noah not like Lot. The problem is that we do not believe the scripture. Jesus said, in Matt 24: 36-39, but in the days of Noah, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. It does not say Like Lot. Please, let us stay with the subject and what scripture says.
      Now look at Matt 24: 1, 2, and 3. It says the disciples showed Jesus the buildings of the temple that Jesus just departed from. Then Jesus said the temple would be destroyed. And the disciples are asking about the temple that they pointed out to him, they asked him the sign of his coming as King of Israel, and the end of the world (Israel) because the disciples are sticking to the subject the temple buildings and that is what the subject is because they pointed it out. You have to remember the temple is very important to the disciples. Remember, the disciples are not concerned about the gentiles (the Romans) well being. They are concerned about their life and their important religion “their temple”. Reminder the subject is the temple.
      This subject of the temple was changed by man’s wisdom because of the way the questions were given by the disciples in Matt 24: 3. It reads, what shall be the sign of thy coming, and the end of the world? When you look at the questions by themselves you conveniently forget the thoughts in the minds of the disciples. We are not Israelites so we cannot look at the questions by our point of view. By our point of view we have distorted scripture to a different meaning to fit our concerns. We have to look at the questions by the point of view of the disciples who are Israelites. In conclusion, you are looking at these questions as a former gentile and you cannot do this.
      Remember, these questions were asked while they could see the temple. You are looking at the questions two thousand years later as a saved gentile that could care less about the Israelites and their temple. So we have to look at the scriptures as a whole and stick to the subject from Matt 24: 1 through Matt 24: 34. But everyone will say men of great study of the Bible figured out the meaning. Well most people believe man is smarter than God. God guided the truth in the scripture, and man thinks his point of view of scripture is correct and perfect.
      In Matt 24: 14 and this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations and then the end shall come. Let us look at 14, the kingdom shall be preached in all the world, this is talking about the apostles preaching to Israel in Jerusalem and the Israelites that were spread throughout the ea rth from the last capture of Israel. And then 14 says, for a witness unto all nations, then Israel will reject the gospel as a witness and then the nations of the gentiles will hear the preaching; first to the Jews then the gentiles. And 14 says, then the end shall come; after the preaching to the gentiles the city of Jerusalem will be destroyed in 70ad. Remember; go back to Matt 24: 2, there will not be one stone left upon another of the temple. In conclusion, the end shall came is Jerusalem being destroyed in 70ad.
      In conclusion, Matt 24: 1 through Matt 24: 34 is not talking about our future. This was about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad only. If you want to know about Jesus return to earth the second time, Jesus mentions this in Matt 24: 35 – 39. In Matt 24: 35 – 39, Jesus says he will return like the time of Noah. Which means if you are not on the new ark provided in scripture you will not be saved? For example, the five virgins in Matt 25, the Lord would not open the door for the five virgins after they repented, it was too late.
      You mentioned that if they repent, seconds before the door is shut God will save them. According to Matt 25 the five foolish virgins were repenting while the door was open and the Lord would not open the door for them. Even though they did go and repent the Lord said depart from me; and the Lord did not open the door.
      Read Matt 24: 37 and Matt 25: 10, do these verses have a place that has a door on them that can be shut? Yes. This means we need to listen to the apostle scriptures and find the door to enter before our life is over on this earth. We better be on board before we cannot read the scripture anymore. So we can be on board before Jesus returns, either in our lifetime or not. In conclusion, Jesus will return like a thief in the night, just like Noah, or the five foolish virgins. But if you get on board, he will not be like a thief in the night because you will be safe on board.
      Go by scripture not opinion. The gospel points to the new ark to enter; but the scripture has been so distorted by man that we do not know what to enter. No one listened to Noah and no one entered the Ark, so today no one is listening to the preaching of the scripture, so no one is entering the new ark. Enter before the door is shut, Matt 25: 1 – 13.

  30. Dave, I appreciate your passion for understanding the scriptures in light of its context and original audience. I commend you for your desire to be “Berean” . However, while your exegesis of Matt.24:1-34 is spot on, I would challenge your understanding that Jesus is changing topics when he arrives at verse 35 and following. I’d like to encourage you, brother, to continue to “search the scriptures” asking for justification for this supposed change. I would suggest,, in keeping with context, that one should begin in Matt.21:23 and read through to the end of chapter 25. This captures all of Jesus teaching from the time he “entered the temple courts” to the time when he “had finished saying all these things” in 26:1. You are correct when you state that “by our point of view we have distorted scripture to a different meaning to fit our concerns”, but I would suggest the magnitude of that distortion is far more reaching than you may now realize. Challenge the contemporary teaching that Jesus in the midldle of this discourse abruptly begins teaching about a time 2000 years plus removed from his audience, not with confessions or creeds but sola scriptura. Challenge the contemporary teaching that Paul and the other writers of the N.T. were mistaken about the nearness of Christ coming. Challenge the contemporary teaching that the “last days” in the N.T. mean something other than the last days of Israel, when Paul claimed to preach nothing but the law and the prophets. Ask yourself if was Peter confused when he applied Joels prophesy in Acts 2 to his own time, including darkened suns and moons turned to blood, before the great day of the Lord? For me this journey began when I couldn’t in good conscience continue to ignore the “still small voice” that something wasn’t right about the teaching I had received about John’s immenency passages in the Book of Revelation. Near didn’t mean near? Soon doesn’t mean soon? At hand doesnt mean at hand? What? Since that day, over 8 years ago, i have been “searching the scriptures daily” to see if the things the futurist say are so. I am now convinced of the strength of preterist view, of “all things fulfilled”. I know it sounds crazy even heretical but I find it to more more reliant of the whole of scripture alone than any other eschatology. The journey is continuing. As you can imagine this teaching has far reaching implications and I don’t have all the answers, I still have questions.I had questions before when I was a futurist but I find I can better reconcile the integrity of Jesus words and those of the apostles with my new questions.

    • From Matt 21: 23 on through until he was outside the temple, Jesus mentioned the same subject. The subject is who is going to follow and do scripture correctly or listen to Jesus. I do know how badly man distorted scripture, that my letter is the same subject. My letter says that since you are not doing scripture correctly, you are not on the new ark because you have distorted scripture so badly, you think I am a nut: and you know there is not a new ark to enter in the scriptures. So why would Jesus mention Noah, a big clue. The new ark is in the Spirit, meat scriptures. Read 1Cor 3: 1, 2, 3, and it is read you cannot handle spirit” meat” scriptures. And it reads in Hebrews 5: 11- 14, if you use milk you are unskillful in the word, which means the scripture is so badly distorted you will not even believe what I am writing now. In 1Peter 2: 2 it says that with milk scripture you may grow. Grow into what? It means to grow into the spirit meat verses of scriptures. Do what scripture says, and I am pointing it out.
      Peter was not confused when he applied Joels prophesy to his time. The beginning of the truth spread by the Apostle is the last days. It will be the end for the people hearing Peters first preaching, if they do not do as Peter preached. Once a man dies then the judgment, which means for those people that did not listen to Peter or may later repent, Joels prophesy will be applied to them in their lifetime. And today our last days will be judged by whether or not we do the scriptures correctly. Our time is now, while alive, we will not be given another chance as some teach; that we will be alive again later as some distorted the truth to say. Joels prophesy is a meat teaching and is not understood at all. Just like Jesus parables are milk stories with a meat meaning. And everyone uses the milk story and not the meat part. So the meaning is not understood at all. When Jesus says that his return will be like Noah it is a small parable and is not understood.
      I notice you are concerned about my studies of scripture, and you say I need to learn more. Then explain why when Jesus returns it is going to be like Noah? You cannot because it does not fit with the other distorted scriptures. I notice you are concerned of others ideas of scripture. Now your wisdom has even concerned yourself with Apostle Peters using Joels prophesy. So now you know that Apostle Peter is wrong in the scriptures. As in 1Cor 2: 4, 5, says Paul will not use his wisdom and our faith should not stand in mans wisdom. So look at your letter it is mostly your wisdom. You should be writing and speaking scripture and leave your ideas out. I try to back what I write with scripture, compare your long letter to my long letter. The Last Days refers to the church days of Christ and the last of the writings of the scripture. There will be no more scriptures written in the future because these are the last days.

  31. Dave, my intention was to have an intelligent discourse with you. I called you brother. Yet you have falsely accused me of calling you a nut. I appealed to what a thought at the time was a mutual respect for sola scriptura. I commended your exegesis of Matt. 24:1-34. I was, however, unaware of the rules that whoever quotes the most scripture, though it is out of context, wins. You are correct when you state that from Matt.21:23, when Jesus enters the temple courts, until the time he leaves in Matt.26:1, he is speaking of one subject. That subject is his parousia, including the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple which he clearly states would be in that generation, not in a still future time to us. Again, you accuse me of saying that you need to learn more, which I didn’t say. I only challenged you to test some of the popular teaching of our day with the scriptures, as was the noble practice of the Church of Berea. You presume that I cannot give a reasoned response to the question of how Jesus return was compared to the days of Noah without merit. You accuse me of saying that Peter was wrong when he said that his day was the last days prophesied by Joel, when in fact I was stating just the opposite. Peter was correct and those who say we are still living in the last days are the ones, I believe who are wrong. The last days are behind us as they were the last days of Israel with its old covenant system. Respond if you like, but since you either entirely misunderstand what I write or intentionally misrepresent it, there will be no further correspondance from me.

    • I am sorry I did not understand a lot of your writting. I am always attacked by everyone. I do not want to concern myself with teaching of others, when it is so far off track. I am trying to get others to listen to the Spirit meat teaching in the scripture. This area is not touched. For example Rev 21: 1, is strong meat, and I have found that no one understands it at all. My problem is I can prove what it really means, but no on isat this point. When Moses took israel through the Red Sea on dry, this is a parable that is not known, peoples think it is a nice story, it is for everyones salvation, read Exodus 14: 13 – 16. Jesus said his return will be like Noah, 2Peter 3: 1-7, confirms this. And it says they are willingly ignorant, which means people will not listen. If you want to respond and accept, that I am sorry for my mistake. Thanks for responding,because people ignores me.

  32. by all account, pre flood population was far fewer than some people believe.it is logic to compare the years these people lieved .like adam who lived nearly one thousand years and from creation to the great flood just under two thousand years, so by this time the couldn’t be in millions .so comming back to the question ,YES he could have warned people and the massage could travelled far according the enviromental situation of that time .

  33. Bottom line, the ark was only prepared for Noah and his family. Lets assume that he did verbally preach and that many repented. Where in the hell would he put them. God was preserving the promise made in the garden that the seed of the woman would bruise the head of the serpent. Look at God in HIStory.Adam, Noah, and Terah had three sons. God determined the direction of his promise. When we understand grace, we know what the ark represented. Christ.

  34. To my Biblical knowledge, Noah did not actually say, in so many words, “Get on board this huge boat that God told me to build, for a worldwide flood is coming.” But, I’m sure he was questioned many times, as to WHY he was building it. And, in a sense, wouldn’t the construction ITSELF be a sermon of sorts? It took over a hundred years, and must have attracted the attention, and sadly, the ridicule, of many. After all, they had never experienced rain in the antedeluvian climate, and though there were oceans, the boat was being built far inland. But, oh how they must have pounded on the door, that had already been sealed by God, when the windows of Heaven opened, and the fountains of the deep erupted. I personally see Noah’s Ark as Christ-in-type; one must “get on board” Him , by faith, BEFORE death and judgement come. EVERYONE outside the Ark believed when the cataclysm arrived, but it was too late for them to be saved…just as EVERYONE outside Christ will believe , when cast into the flames of Hell. But , again, it will be too late. “Blessed is he who believes, and has not seen.” Remember, even two JACKASSES had enough sense to walk up that gangplank…so there will be no excuse for any human.

  35. but what message was God conveying to people about the floods

  36. Those who believe that Noah did not warn the people of the coming flood and impending death can you please please explain to me why we have the reading in Ezekiel 3:17-21 ? Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

    18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

    19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

    20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

    21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

    The apostle Paul said a necessity is laid upon me, woe unto me if I preach not the gospel I Corinthians 9:16. He also said in his farewell message to the Ephesian warning them in Acts 20:31, Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. My question is would not Noah have love and compassion for his fellow man the same as Paul did, and the same as Peter tells us that God does. II Peter 3:9 who is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. I am a preacher myself and a necessity is laid upon all preachers of righteousness to warn people to flee from the wrath to come. Woe be upon any preacher who fails not to warn people of eternal condemnation!

    • Challenge accepted….Gen.7:7 “I will wipe mankind whom I have created from the face of the earth…..but Noah” Gen 6:13 “So God said to Noah, “I am going to put in end to all people”. Gen.6:17 “Everything on earth will perish, but I will establish my covenant with you” Gen.7:23 “Every living thin g on the face of the earth was wiped out….only Noah was left. Point one: God was very clear about his intentions. He stated what He was going to do and he did just that. Point two: Noahs obediance. Gen 6:22 “Noah did everything just as God had commanded him” Gen. 7:5 “Noah did all that the Lord commanded him” No mention is made of Noahs warning anyone. In fact to do so would be to cast doubt on Gods explicit staement that all mankind, but Noah and his family would be destroyed. Now turning to the words of Christ himself, we find our third point. Matthew 24:38-39 “For in the days before the flood……up to the day Noah entered the ark and they knew NOTHING about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away”. If they had been warned could it be said that they knew nothing. Notice the scripture doesnt say that they ignored the warnings. Jesus said that they knew nothing. So there you have it. Enough reason for me to conclude that God had determined the outcome, that Noah was obedient to do just what God had commanded him and nothing more in keeping with the words of Christ himself.

      • Correct scripture says nothing about Noah telling anyone. This is my tenth comment, please read the other nine, above. It will explain this statement in more detail. Matt 24: 37 – 39, because of our ignorance of scripture people since the Cross of Christ, very few are ready for Jesus return. Because scripture is not believed, Jesus said in Matt 24: 37 -39 that we need to be on the new ark, but this is not taught. Proof look at Matt 25: 10, does this sound like the ark? Look at 2Peter 3: 4- 7, Peter is giving warning of getting on the new ark. Scripture does teach the ark and how to get on board, but people do nof believe scripture, so Jesus is correct, his return will be like the days of Noah. Getting on the new ark since the Cross is not spodken of at all. Because it is taught that there will be other things going on first which are not true, if it was it would not be like the days of Noah. Thanks Dave

    • Tim, Russel and many others. Your hermeneutics are all over the place. Always begin with context.

      For instance Tim, Who is Ezekiel talking about specifically and in what context were the statements made. Be careful cherry picking 1 verse from the prophets and then Paul’s personal commission and creating an over arching theology with it, very narrow and very dangerous. and people please don’t base your interpretations on assumptions. The reality is we only know what we are told. So many of the post above are just crazy ramblings of mixed up theology from all over the place.

      Use simple hermeneutic principles such context(historical,textual) and making interpretations on the simple clear readings of the text in light of this, then the intended application becomes clearer.

      The point of this article was to show how much Christians INVENT things in the bible without any evidence. We don’t always do it on purpose, but we often create connections that simple are not backed by evidence but only conjecture. We believe and teach things that simple are not true but have just become popular misconceptions.

      Read William Hartsocks reply for a good example of more objective reading.

      I do enjoy getting the odd email about the reply s to this. I hope the question continues to challenge people to read their bibles more carefully.

      – Trent(truthwar)

  37. Thank you Trent for your kind words and for starting this conversation. For the purpose of full disclosure though you should know that I have also posted on this blog as “lesspaul”. No deceat intended, just a different pc and a forgetful mind.

  38. I know the Bible mentions nothing about Noah preaching to the people, and I do not tell people that he did. But, he was called a preacher of righteousness in II Peter 2:5. What does a preacher do ? He preaches. Do you believe that Noah and his family lived completely cut off from the outside world? Did they not have any dealings with any of the people that lived there? So they had no friends and neighbors that they talked to, who would ask them questions. Another thing to think about is that Noah was only one man. There were many apostles who were sent out to preach the great commission. There is no way Noah could warn everyone upon the whole earth at that time. The flood covered the whole earth. Of course there were people who were not warned of the flood and knew nothing about it until it was too late and the flood took them away. The Bible many times does not mention certain things but we know people had to ask questions. The main problem then is the same problem today people do not believe. They scoffed and made fun of the impending wrath to come as Peter talks about that scoffers will not believe in the wrath to come when Christ returns, II Peter 3:3-7. The point I am trying to make is even though it was not mentioned, I believe he had to have had conversations about the impending danger to come. Think about the raising of Lazarus from the dead. The Bible does not mention one thing about anyone asking him questions about his death. The news of him being brought back to life by Christ had to have been spread. Some of the Jews went and told the Pharisees what had been done. Especially his sisters who loved him so. Do you not believe that they asked him questions. Where did you go? What did you see ? What did you experience while you were dead? But nothing is mentioned in the scriptures concerning this. In the same way can we not hear people asking questions to Noah about the ark? Curiosity, people ask questions, by word of mouth news travels from one to another. This is all I am saying is that in all that time while the ark was being prepared can we truly say that Noah talked to not one single person about the flood?

    • Warn them for what. God had already determined that the end of all flesh had come to hand. He also repented that he had made man. If i remember correctly the ark was not prepare for anyone but Noah, his wife , his three sons, and their three wives as far as human survivability is concerned. Where would he put 4500 more people if there was oppurtunity to board ship.The ship was prepared for the chosen. No evangelistic team in Sodom and Gomorah. The 2 men went to Lot’s house. Another chosen. New Testament 1 Peter 2:9 Chosen and when Christ comes back he will send his angels Mark 13:27 to gather his elect (chosen) from the four winds, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth. All those who believe this are blessed.They have ears to hear. This is the doctrine of Christ and of God. God is not sitting in heaven scratching his head wondering who’s who.

  39. I wonder about Noah’s in-laws x 4 sets and the communications they may or may not have had with Noah and family about the building of the family ‘house’.

  40. I know this is an old post but the truth is always current and relevant. Having been asked the same question, Did Noah warn people? I also went on a mission to find evidence! My conclusion, I fully agree with you, what we know sometimes about scripture is man’s interprations and assumptions! Sometimes it is a tool for preachers to get their message across!
    I believe 2 Peter 3 says it best
    14 Therefore, dear friends, while you wait for these things, make every effort to be found at peace with Him without spot or blemish. 15 Also, regard the patience of our Lord as [an opportunity for] salvation, just as our dear brother Paul has written to you according to the wisdom given to him.

    16 He speaks about these things in all his letters in which there are some matters that are hard to understand. The untaught and unstable twist them to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.
    17 Therefore, dear friends, since you know this in advance, be on your guard, so that you are not led away by the error of lawless people and fall from your own stability. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

  41. timothy houston ; noah was not under law.

  42. Even if Noah said nothing to the people; he lived it and when they saw the ark they surely questioned it. The people never saw rain before. Moses intervened for the people. Jonah wanted Nineveh to go down. God knows the heart of each person and in the days of Noah they were wicked. I believe that if they would have repented (truly) God would not have destroyed them, but we know that God did destroy the people in Noah’s day because they did not repent. There are so many opinions. I trust God to keep me saved and convict me and remind me through His still small voice or loud thunderous voice or someone he sends my way to preach righteousness. I love God and what he gave us and gives us and will give us so much. We all stand in need of a savior. <3

    • I read todayand wonder what took place as Peter was HOLY SPIRIT inspired to record:
      1Pe 3:18-20
      18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
      (NIV1984)

  43. Wow! I’m writing an article right now and was mentioning the story of Noah. I had already put in the regular stuff of Noah preaching…people not listening. Somehow I was unsettled and decided to check the story again. I found no hint of this, so I googled it and voila! Your blog was one of the results. Amazing! Sometimes we mix assumptions with truth. So not cool, especially when it comes to God’s word. Concepts such as 3 wise men are also fallacious, cos the Bible says wise men from the East. It always pays to sift truth from fables. Thanks for the post! Its really helpful. You can check out my write up on kunlesafe.wordpress.com

  44. Did Noah warn the people about the coming flood?
    No. The people were all doomed because all flesh was corrupted. All flesh(!). There were nephilims, giants and probably all kinds of freakish beings in the days of Noah and he was among the last of the uncorrupted human kind. God had to preserve the uncorrupted bloodline leading up to His Messiah.

    Was Noah mocked by the people for building such a huge vessel? No bible account for that. It’s all assumptions. Who says he was building in a populated area in the first place? Besides what did the antediluvian world look like? Probably a high-tech place with all sorts of things going on. Noah may have built it in a ship yard for all we know. There’s absolutely no reason to believe the antediluvians were primitive cave men. Probably they were far ahead of today’s technology. The world was still a paradise, no need to work for a living and people could spend all their time doing whatever they wanted, like science. Who built that great pyramid anyway?

    Did it rain before the flood? The rainbow didn’t exist before the flood so probably not. Today there’s always a rainbow somewhere on earth, reminding God and man of the flood, all the time.

    The 120 years is not the time between Noah’s 500th and 600th birthday, obviously! It’s the time God has set for MAN(kind). Probably the years are biblical Jubilee years. 150 Jubilee years = 6000 literal years. In that case, which year is the 150th? Noone knows but according to some speculations it is 2017 -Dewey Bruton, Daniel’s timeline. Others calculate it differently. In other words -any day now.

    I don’t know if the Jubilee theory is right but certainly it seems plausible. God declares the end from the beginning, the bible says. Now where does God declare the end in the beginning? Right there! in Genesis 6:2 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years

  45. Yes, Noah did warn people about the flood. See Moses 8:23-24

    http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/8?lang=eng

    • Where does it say Noah warned the people? And by the way there is NO seperate book of moses so what bible are you reading?

  46. Lol look at the link that was left – LSD – Latter Day Saints – Mormon.

  47. Hahaha, now I know I should look elsewhere….

  48. When telling the account of Noah – Preachers need to let people know that the Bible does not say Noah preached 120 years – but that If it were possible that while he was building the Ark – He might have said Come on in this Ark now, it’s going to rain, Don’t let it be said too late – we can only imagine what happened when it started to rain -

  49. 1 Peter 3:18-20 reads, “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,…

    So you see, they had to been preached to about righteousness to disobey. And it states that God waited patiently while the ark was being built….

  50. Trent, I felt the same as you. When I saw the new Noah Movie trailer. I took my Bible out to read the Noah account in Genesis. I couldn’t find where the people mocked him and made fun of him. http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog/2013/11/noah-starring-russell-crowe-and-anthony-hopkins.html

  51. The Scriptures that make up the “Bible” used today does NOT say that Noaḥ preached or even warned anyone. However, The Book of Yashar says that Noaḥ and his grandfather Methushelaḥ were told by the Creator to speak and proclaim to the sons of men saying, “Thus said Yahweh, return from your evil ways and forsake your evil works and Yahweh will repent of the evil that he has declared to do to you. For thus said Yahweh, Behold, I give you a period of one hundred and twenty years; if you will turn to me and forsake your evil ways, then will I also turn away from the evil which I told you and it shall not exist”. This message came in the 480th year of Noaḥ’s life.
    Noaḥ and Methushelaḥ spoke all these words to the sons of men, day after day, but they did not pay attention to the words because they were stiff-necked.
    In the 595th year of Noaḥ’s life, the Creator commanded him to begin building the ark. He completed it in five years. IN the 600th year of Noaḥ’s life, before the flood, Methushelaḥ died at the age of 969.
    The following is an actual excerpt from the Book of Yashar telling the reaction of the people when the waters that were on the earth started to rise:
    17 And the sons of men assembled together, about seven hundred thousand men and women, and they came unto Noah to the ark.
    18 And they called to Noah, saying, Open for us that we may come to you in the ark–and wherefore shall we die?
    19 And Noah, with a loud voice, answered them from the ark, saying, Have you not all rebelled against YAHWEH, and said that he does not exist and therefore YAHWEH brought upon you this evil, to destroy and cut you off from the face of the earth?
    20 Is not this the thing that I spoke to you of one hundred and twenty years back, and you would not hearken to the voice of YAHWEH, and now do you desire to live upon earth?
    21 And they said to Noah, We are ready to return to YAHWEH; only open for us that we may live and not die.
    22 And Noah answered them, saying, Behold now that you see the trouble of your beings, you wish to return to YAHWEH; why did you not return during these hundred and twenty years, which YAHWEH granted you as the determined period?
    23 But now you come and tell me this on account of the troubles of your beings, now also YAHWEH will not listen to you, neither will he give ear to you on this day, so that you will not now succeed in your wishes.
    24 And the sons of men approached in order to break into the ark, to come in on account of the rain, for they could not bear the rain upon them.
    25 And YAHWEH sent all the beasts and animals that stood round the ark. And the beasts overpowered them and drove them from that place, and every man went his way and they again scattered themselves upon the face of the earth.

    Now, I know there are some – ok – there are MANY who will discredit the Book of Yashar and disregard what it says. BUT, it is mentioned by name in two books of our modern “Bible”, 2Samuel 1:18 and Joshua 10:13. Also, in 2Timothy 3:8 we read that Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, but nowhere in the OT do we read absolutely nothing about them. The Book of Yashar tells who they are and what they did.
    Whether you believe or disregard the words from the Book of Yashar, The important question is: Can YOU really believe that our Heavenly Father who Scripture tells us is the same yesterday and today, whose son says about him that he is NOT WILLING that anyone should perish but that ALL should come to eternal life would destroy the entire world without first warning about the coming destruction and giving time for repentance?
    Your answer to this question will determine what you choose to believe.
    Know this for certain: If the world was to end right now, there would be those who would feel that they were not given enough time to change their ways just as it was in the days of Noaḥ and also in the days of Lot.

    • Wow Lorna, great contribution. One of the most informative post in a long time.

    • Very true, you share wisdom.

    • Gosh, Lorna, that is a terrific note–thanks so much for taking time out of your daily masturbation schedule to share your worthless bullshit with us.

      Ya know, I’ve also been reading the flood account in the book of Fuckallofu, and it says in chapter 4, verse 13 that “I will flood the world with the streaming water from my hog, so that everyone may know my flow is strong.” Just wondering, how does that fit into the narrative as you understand it?

      Thanks in advance for your scholarly reply!

    • The words you speak are true. The fear of eminent death saves no one. Noah knew it. Therefore he could not let any of them in the boat. Devils fear their end in God’s light on judgment day. Their fear likewise cannot save them.

  52. There is NO archaeological evidence of a Global Flood!

    Only happened in fantasy land !

  53. […] There are some theories that he didn’t told anyone what would’ve happened if they didn’t believe in God, as that would’ve made them fear God. God is a god of love and not fear. There are a few posts that discusses this, found at http://truthwar.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/did-noah-actually-warn-anyone-about-the-flood/ […]

  54. Noah wanted the people to be righteous. God wanted the people to be righteous but Noah and his family were the only ones who were righteous. Noah preached about righteousness preaching about a boat. A boat has no rightiouness in it. They had violence in their mind continually. That means this: mercy, forgiveness and love were the three things farthest from their minds thinking they were strong even as the militarily and police think they are strong holding a gun and Islamic law with their fear giving laws. God made a covenant with Noah because he could do that. It was not possible for the rest. Fear of a flood will not make a person righteous. Devils fear the devouring light of God. That fear in no way makes a devil righteous. People fear weapons but that too does not make anyone righteous yet weapons are cherished by people with blood filled bodies thinking they protect their blood filled bodies. A violent act is seen as being good like the preflood people saw a violent act as being good. Had the pre – flood people other than Noah became righteous before God’s eyes the others would have also changed.

  55. The Bible does not state explicitly in worded form that he preached for 120 years. However, the mere fact that what he was instructed to do could not be done in secret, I believe that people knew. Noah was not the only one who knew of the God of Creation. Apart from those who were already dead, and those older ones who would die before the actual flood, I also believe others were very awear of God. But like today, were doing what “they” wanted to do.

    Sometimes, it is the life that is lived that “tells” to others and not not just a warning or a sermon. Folks then and now, know right from wrong. If someone isn’t doing what is wrong because they choose to do it, hardly anything may cause them to.

    And one thing we should remember, ever since Lucifer rebelled against God he would naturally be accusing him of being evil or unfair…God is an all-knowing being..almighty he is. Why would he allow not warn first before he acts, knowing fully well his every act will be seen even by other veins apart from us whom he has created…by this I mean Angels, etc. Further, Amos tells us clearly that he reveals before he acts:

    Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
    Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? will a young lion cry out of his den, if he have taken nothing?

    Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. (Amos 3:3, 4, 7 KJV)

    • **Typo in paragraph 2: should have been “If someone isn’t doing what is right…”

      Paragraph 3: should have been “knowing fully well his every act will be seen even by other beings…”

  56. Revelation is indeed progressive in our day! We’ll know more as the day goes by. However, I baffle at the revelation that the Apostles of Acts got from reading the old testament. Many of which we will only know/understand when we get to heaven. Having said that, I’ll say this. If Peter said Noah was a preacher then Noah was indeed a preacher. If 2Peter is scripture then that’s all there is to it. About the details, the age ham or sham was at the time seems to me like just details that may very well be just for head knowledge and not for the edifying of our spirit (“…..the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life). And u know Jesus said the words I speak to you, they are spirit and they are life. Noah was righteous before God and walked with God and unlike believers today, part of what makes a man’s walk with God even more endearing to God is that he proclaims the salvation of the Lord to people around him. Believers of today think u don’t have to tell someone else about Jesus, about salvation, they hide behind the cowardly though that a good life is all that’s required whereas that’s a notion planted by the devil to discourage believers from obeying the great commission.

    About the details of how Noah was mocked and all what not, they are assumptions at best. It (for the most part) is a safe assumption to imagine the scenario but it can also be a great source of error for teachings on the subject. I pray for the teachers of the word out there that the enemy will in no wise lead them into error, in Jesus name, Amen!

    Peter called Noah a preacher and perhaps one day we’ll see what Peter saw that made him say that Noah was a preacher too.

    • Amen…you could not have said it any better.

    • Well spoken. The pre flood people and the Pharaoh of Egypt responded in the same way. Both of them rejected the messenger.

      • Re: Revelation is indeed progressive in our day! We’ll know more as the day goes by. However, I baffle at the revelation that the Apostles of Acts got from reading the old testament. Many of which we will only know/understand when we get to heaven.

        This is probably worthy of a new thread?

        I would love to see what evidence you think you have for going to heaven where Story book jebus went?

      • Don’t you know scripture? Heaven needs to be in you unseen before it can be visually seen.

      • That is a load of codds-wallop = BS!

        Story book confirms NO heaven going for any one else where jebus went!

        You only think you know your Story book!

        Meanwhile I still await your evidence of a heaven-going where jebus went?

      • The bible is not from the mind of men.
        Jesus is heaven in whoever does not grieve him away from them. Jsus is life. 1611 King James Version of Luke 17:21 – Ephesians 4:30 – And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

        Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

        Colossians 1:27 – To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

      • You: The bible is not from the mind of men.

        Moi: Your assertion is devoid of substance!

        The claim ANY supposed ‘ holy-text ‘ came from, was given or inspired by ANY literal Supernatural being is entirely spurious!

        By all means show us what evidence YOU think you have and after I examine it for substance and you have made full proof of your claims – ministry, I’ll then give you a Link to the James Randi Educational Foundation waiting for clowns like you to ‘ strut your stuff! “.

        Your entire predecessors didn’t even meet the prerequisites, LMAO@YOU!

      • It cannot be proven that God exist anymore than it can be proven that he doesn’t. Both are a matter of faith. The question in both cases is of supporting evidence. Likewise, the validity of the bible as “inspired” is ultimately a matter of faith. We as Christians not only have to have faith in its inspiration but also in its preservation since,as you probably know, we don’t have the autographs (original writings) but are dependent on copies of them. Having said that, until I see proof of Gods nonexistance I choose to believe and until I see proof that the Bible is not divinely inspired I choose to trust it as that Gods revelation of himself to his creation and that within its pages is the secret to purpose in this life and eternal life to come. So I ask: Where do you find your purpose for living and what hope have you in death?

      • We are the opposite to God. We think of heaven being out there. Devils see God as being out there because they are separated from God. Heaven is inside of you. They will be like Jesus is. The bible also says this: purify yourselves even as you are pure. My hope is to see the light of God that is unseen not killing my soul. Where do I find it? God found me. I responded. My purpose is mostly to get people back on track to in the end shrink the lake of fire. No lost = no chaff will = no lake of fire. Religions never taught people that. It is the truth.

      • Dove wrote: God made you to believe or not believe in him, you have free will.

        Moi: IF you truly believe YOU have a genuine ‘ Free-Will ‘ then why do YOU Freely keep choosing to remain a malignant Sinner in defiance of e.g. 1 John 3:6?

        IF you also read a bit further 1 John 3:8, it actually exposes those like YOU as being agents of your Devil! –

        Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. . . . . . 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. . . . . (1 John 3:6,8) KJV Story book

      • God made you to believe or not believe in him, you have free will. Read Romans 1: 17 thru 23. You are fighting truth and logic. You see a car a house and you know there is a builder and designer of the car and house. But when you see yourself in a mirror you change the truth. You come up with new logic and twisted truth, to erase the designer and builder of your complex body. You become smarter than the designer of your complex body, that you cannot design and build yourself with your own hands. You need to humble yourself and believe and know there is a builder and designer smarter than you, he is called God. I just proved there is a God. With your complex body, prove there is no God. God rejects those who do not believe in him.

      • The Devil does not want us to do the works of Christ making people think they are doing the works of him. Islam does this. People militarizing the bible against peaceful people have done that. It pleases God to believe that he exists. We are finite living in a house using a finite car to move around in. God lives in the infinity he created. God spoke whatever into existence. Our hands kill and destroy what he made. A sinful body will destroy what God made.

      • Revelation is not progressive, Read Rev 1: 1, its about Jesus, not about wars of nations of gentiles. Rev is completely distorted by false teachers and we believe them. Noah became a preacher only in the NT just for us not in the old testament, 2Peter 2: 5. I have large writings above did you read them?

  57. JH wrote: We are the opposite to God.

    Moi: ALL supernatural gods are 100% human invention so your choice of a god can in your mind do whatever it/they want!

    You: We think of heaven being out there.

    Moi: Which heaven are you referring to and your evidence apart from your supposed preferred Story book is?

    You: Devils see God as being out there because they are separated from God.

    Moi: As YOU are just another malignant sinner in defiance of 1 John 3:6 it is YOU that is exposed by 1 John 3:8 as being an agent of your Devil!

    You: Heaven is inside of you. They will be like Jesus is.

    Moi: So when Story book jebus ‘ ascended in to heaven ‘ the apostles saw jebus ascend inside itself?

    What medications are you currently taking or not taking as prescribed?

    You: The bible also says this:

    Moi: So far you have only proved your bible is the 100% fabrication of some men so what it says is of 100% human concoction!

    You: purify yourselves even as you are pure. My hope is to see the light of God that is unseen not killing my soul.

    Moi: Provide me with your propaganda stating that ANY person was ‘ given a literal soul? ‘. Chapter(s) & Verse(s) and you could even mention what version you are choosing and perhaps why that version if you have a preferred one?

    • The false gods have the power that people value. God’s power made life. The heaven that is in us is unseen. IT is not yet seen heard or felt with the heart. The body with death in it is incapable of feeling what is to come. My soul is not apposed to God having him in the soul but the body is lost in sin. The spirit of God in the body will change the body to be able to live in his presence. Stop calling it a story book. The holy spirit which Jesus sent is himself. If you do not change your body and soul will be ashes around the city of God t the z second resurrection. Do not despise prophesying. The Pure Cambridge Edition1900. . KJV Concord Wide Margin Reference Edition with Glossary and Concordance Black calfskin KWM267.It is sold on amazon.com.

  58. Lesspaul wrote: It cannot be proven that God exist anymore than it can be proven that he doesn’t.

    Moi: Unfortunately for those like YOU that claim to believe in the content of your supposed preferred Story book, it is incumbent for YOU (NOT I) to PROVE your claims –

    1. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thess. 5:21) KJV Story book

    2. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. {make…; or, fulfil} (2 Tim. 4:5) KJV Story book

    Theirein lies your conundrum!

    As no one in over 2000 years has ever been able to do so unambiguously nor legitimately outside of Story book Land, we may correctly conclude e.g. –

    The writers of the Story book are idiots!
    Story book god(s) are idiots!
    Story book god(s) don’t literally exist!
    Those who believe they exist are idiots!
    Those who believe in their Story book entire content are idiots!
    There is no such thing as a genuine believer outside of Story book land!

    That’s a few examples I can think of for the moment!

    &

    As YOU are also another malignant Sinner Freely choosing to be so; in defiance of 1 John 3:6, you thereby fully qualify as another Agent of your Devil, according to 1 John 3:8 KJV Story book

    • I suppose you think that by quoting scripture you can catch me in an illogical web of my own making. Unfortunately your argument fails because you take the scripture out of context and rely on the KJV which in this case is a poor translation as modern bible scholars would agree. 1 Thess.5:21 is referring to “testing” the various teachings creeping into the infant church in particular “prophesies”, not the all encompassing “all”. The bible assumes Gods existence since it is written to people who already believe. 2 Tim.4:5 is better translated “discharge the all duties of your industry”. Your translation of 1 John suffers the same error of being taken out of context. The number one rule of biblical interpretation is that verses are to be interpreted in light of the whole of scripture. The idea that we are to attain sinless perfection is contradictory to the whole. Sadly, the churches dependence on one version of the bible (as if its writers spoke English) has led to misunderstandings. Modern scholars having more manuscripts available to them now seek to translate more accurately to the original language used. Therein there is no conundrum! Now to your second point. I have stated that I cannot prove Gods existence nor do I need to. You on the other hand have stated adamantly that “story book gods don’t literally exist” and “writers of the Story book are idiots”. Therefore unless you are willing to admit that your belief or unbelief is matter of faith then it is incumbent upon you to prove your statement. However I must say, your use of insults i.e. “Idiots” is indicative of someone with a passionate belief more than an objective pursuit of truth and a reasoned argument.

      Sent from my iPhone

      >

      • hartsock wrote: I suppose you think that by quoting scripture you can catch me in an illogical web of my own making. Unfortunately your argument fails because you take the scripture out of context and rely on the KJV which in this case is a poor translation as modern bible scholars would agree.

        Moi: Provide your supposed evidence it is a poor translation?

        The KJV has been in use for Centuries knave, are you now really actually suggesting that your god has been allowing all those believers to be ‘ misled? ‘.

        You are a fool to suggest that, LOL!

        Which Story books do you claim are superior & why apart from some others apparently deceiving you they can translate hearsay better? LMAO@U

        You: 1 Thess.5:21 is referring to “testing” the various teachings creeping into the infant church in particular “prophesies”, not the all encompassing “all”.

        Moi: See above you idiot!

        You: The bible assumes Gods existence since it is written to people who already believe. 2 Tim.4:5 is better translated “discharge the all duties of your industry”. Your translation of 1 John suffers the same error of being taken out of context. The number one rule of biblical interpretation is that verses are to be interpreted in light of the whole of scripture.

        Moi: You can ‘ believe ‘ that if you wish, but what you CAN’T DO is prove it!

        Assertions require legitimate evidence of which you also have NONE!

        You babble about alleged ‘ faith ‘ well who has the greater faith amongst all you religious folk?

        Mormons, SDA’s, j.ws, Hindus, Seiks, Muslems, Evangelists, Jews, christadelphians, catholics etc. etc.

        You would also need to demonstrate that YOUR Cult’s supposed ‘ faith ‘ is the superior & Or correct one?

        You: The idea that we are to attain sinless perfection is contradictory to the whole. Sadly, the churches dependence on one version of the bible (as if its writers spoke English) has led to misunderstandings. Modern scholars having more manuscripts available to them now seek to translate more accurately to the original language used. Therein there is no conundrum! Now to your second point. I have stated that I cannot prove Gods existence nor do I need to. You on the other hand have stated adamantly that “story book gods don’t literally exist” and “writers of the Story book are idiots”. Therefore unless you are willing to admit that your belief or unbelief is matter of faith then it is incumbent upon you to prove your statement. However I must say, your use of insults i.e. “Idiots” is indicative of someone with a passionate belief more than an objective pursuit of truth and a reasoned argument.

        Moi: You remain in total error, now get on and provide your proofs or stop wasting my successful Cult busting time now I have busted yours!

        As a malignant Sinner YOU are a proven ‘ agent of your Devil ‘ – ” he that doeth sin is of the devil; ” (1 John 3:8) ASV Story book propaganda

        So it is natural you would try to deceive us that your god allows others to mis-translate and mislead believers for Centuries? LOL!

        You little Devil you!

        Your Mentor & Saviour benevolent Moi!

      • You are one confused individual. What you don’t understand about the bible and the Christian faith could fill volumes. I only hope for your sake that you are right. I have nothing to lose either way. If you are right, and the bible is indeed a story book worst case then I will have spent my life believing a fairy tale and living a moral and ethical life, “loving my neighbor as myself”, following the teachings of Jesus the Christ, only to take my last breath, close my eyes and never awake again. If however I am right, I will live on for eternity while you on the other hand will face unimaginable regret, judgement and eternal death. I only hope Gods mercy finds you before it’s too late.

      • Lesspaul wrote: You are one confused individual.

        Moi: Apparently NOT!

        As I correctly stated here two of you spoke one for and one against the KJV

        YOU are obviously too dumb to accept the Truth!

        You: What you don’t understand about the bible and the Christian faith could fill volumes.

        Moi: It is 100% the concoction of some men plus a wee bit of history thrown in to make it more appealing to idiots like you!

        You: I only hope for your sake that you are right. I have nothing to lose either way. If you are right, and the bible is indeed a story book worst case then I will have spent my life believing a fairy tale and living a moral and ethical life, “loving my neighbor as myself”, following the teachings of Jesus the Christ, only to take my last breath, close my eyes and never awake again.

        Moi: Living a lie and believing BS is nothing to be spouting about which is precisely what those clowns like YOU are doing!

        The biblical jebus plagiarized most if not all its supposed teachings as your example manifests! –

        Confucianism (551–479 BC) “What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others.”
        Hinduism (500 BCE) “Hence, (keeping these in mind), by self-control and by making dharma (right conduct) your main focus, treat others as you treat yourself.”
        Tamil Tradition (200 BC) “Let not a man consent to do those things to another which, he knows, will cause sorrow.”
        Buddhism (543 B.C) “Comparing oneself to others in such terms as “Just as I am so are they, just as they are so am I,” he should neither kill nor cause others to kill.”
        Judaism (535 BCE) “You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your kinsfolk. Love your neighbour as yourself: I am the LORD”.

        You: If however I am right, I will live on for eternity while you on the other hand will face unimaginable regret, judgement and eternal death. I only hope Gods mercy finds you before it’s too late

        Moi: IF you are right you drivel?

        1. See you aren’t even certain yourself, LMAO@YOU!

        2. Apart from promises in your proven Story book, you only manifest your carnal selfishness and your fundamental reasons for ‘ claiming ‘ whatever it is you claim but can’t substantiate, that it is entirely for your own selfish carnal reasons & lust for Story book empty promises of eternal rewards.

        Even IF your god existed it is UN-worthy of my respect, let alone worship!

        Your god is UN-worthy to lick my steel toe-capped boots which I wear, ready to kick its butt, should it ever appear outside of Story book Land where selfish fools like you claim you choose to dwell as you merrily cherry-pick what suits you to believe!

        Your Mentor & successful Cult busting Saviour, benevolent moi!

  59. The false gods have the power that people value. God’s power made life. The heaven that is in us is unseen. IT is not yet seen heard or felt with the heart. The body with death in it is incapable of feeling what is to come. My soul is not apposed to God having him in the soul but the body is lost in sin. The spirit of God in the body will change the body to be able to live in his presence. Stop calling it a story book. The holy spirit which Jesus sent is himself. If you do not change your body and soul will be ashes around the city of God after the second resurrection. Do not despise prophesying. The Pure Cambridge Edition1900. . KJV Concord Wide Margin Reference Edition with Glossary and Concordance Black calfskin KWM267.It is sold on amazon.com.

    • The false gods have the power that people value. God’s power made life. The heaven that is in us is unseen. IT is not yet seen heard or felt with the heart. The body with death in it is incapable of feeling what is to come. My soul is not apposed to God having him in the soul but the body is lost in sin. The spirit of God in the body will change the body to be able to live in his presence. Stop calling it a story book. The holy spirit which Jesus sent is himself. If you do not change your body and soul will be ashes around the city of God after the second resurrection. Do not despise prophesying. The Pure Cambridge Edition1900. . KJV Concord Wide Margin Reference Edition with Glossary and Concordance Black calfskin KWM267.It is sold on amazon.com.

      Moi: Lots of ‘ claims ‘ & empty assertions there!

      Proofs NONE!

      Now aren’t you clowns supposed to agree and be united?

      Yet here already we have one idiot claiming the KJV Story book is corrupt and a poor translation, yet YOU disagree with your supposed ‘ fellow believer ‘ and recommend I purchase a KJV Concordance?

      You clowns are entertaining still for Moi!

      • Satan is the one who says give me proof. When he sees God’s glory he will go poof. The bible I speak of has a concordance in it. Separate words can be looked up. What is bad about that?

      • JH wrote: Satan is the one who says give me proof. When he sees God’s glory he will go poof.

        Moi: 1. Why would Peter a.k.a. Satan go poof when he sees god? (Mark 8:33) KJV Story book

        2. I can also show god itself is the greatest Satan of them all!

        3. Oops! for you again, Can you show me where it says Satan in the YLT & the EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT NT Interlinear narratives?

        It doesn’t exist you nincompoop!

        What Story book version do you prefer & why can’t you legitimately sustain your claims with any of them? LOL!

        Try explaining your ‘ Satan ideology using the YLT & Or E.D. Narratives and I’ll enjoy again this time watching you & your god fail again as always!

        You: The bible I speak of has a concordance in it. Separate words can be looked up. What is bad about that?

        Moi: I have numerous bibles & concordnances & many other books yet still they NEVER EVER support religious ideologies like yours!

        Your Mentor & Saviour benevolent moi!

      • Peter was all talk failing God one time after another. Satan will go poof when he sees God’s glory from his face. God is a consuming fire to him. His end will be at the second resurrection around the city of God. He will be loosed from his chains because of this: People will be alive at that time.
        What is God to do with people who refuse to keep his commandments? pat them on the back saying good job? The Pure Cambridge Edition (circa 1900 to circa 1970s). Verses like these are not in the Qur’an.
        “1 John 4:20: If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”
        Is God’s light going to be good to people disobeying that?
        “James 3:10: Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not be.”
        Is God to say, keep cursing people people. That is perfectly allowable in my kingdom. He a would have to be nuts to say that, right?
        “Romans 13:10: Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
        Is God to say,..OK people, hate all you want to end up murdering people. Hate is perfectly acceptable in my Kingdom. My glory will not destroy people who have it. God would have to be nuts to say that, right?
        “Romans 12:19: dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written , Vengeance is mine; I will repay , saith the Lord.”

        It is stupid to question what God does. The devil fears God. God in the end will be the end of him. God cannot be the end of himself.

      • You: Peter was all talk failing God one time after another.

        Moi: I can’t find the Term Satan in my YLT & E.D, so try using them for your Satan ideology! LOL!

        You: Satan will go poof when he sees God’s glory from his face.

        Moi: Try using the YLT & E.D. for your Satan claims?

        You: God is a consuming fire to him. His end will be at the second resurrection around the city of God. He will be loosed from his chains because of this: People will be alive at that time.

        Moi: Try using the YLT & E.D. for your Satan claims?

        You: What is God to do with people who refuse to keep his commandments? pat them on the back saying good job? The Pure Cambridge Edition (circa 1900 to circa 1970s). Verses like these are not in the Qur’an.
        “1 John 4:20: If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”

        Moi: Your ducking off to refer to the Qu’ran is supposed to achieve what for your current ‘ Lost Cause “.

        You: Is God’s light going to be good to people disobeying that?

        Moi: From all the Posts presented here and elsewhere ALL god remain a purely human fabricated concept!

        You: “James 3:10: Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not be.”
        Is God to say, keep cursing people people. That is perfectly allowable in my kingdom. He a would have to be nuts to say that, right?
        “Romans 13:10: Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
        Is God to say,..OK people, hate all you want to end up murdering people. Hate is perfectly acceptable in my Kingdom. My glory will not destroy people who have it. God would have to be nuts to say that, right?
        “Romans 12:19: dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written , Vengeance is mine; I will repay , saith the Lord.”
        It is stupid to question what God does.

        Moi: You god is imaginary and Posts like yours prove it!

        You: The devil fears God.

        Moi: What does Judas fear? (John 6:70) KJV Story book

        So far we have a Satan called Peter and a Devil called Judas and that’s just so far!

        I thought you clowns also claimed your Devil = Satan yet Peter & Judas are definitely NOT the same person?

        You are clueless!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: